Rueda Del Mundo
RDM (Rueda Del Mundo) is without a doubt one of the most energetic performance groups in the UK. They are also the proud Winners of the Amsterdam International Stargate Competition 2019.
Founded in 2009 by Moe Flex, Fadi K & Anwar Azari, Rueda del Mundo took the country by storm, becoming the most renowned and successful dance schools, and the home of Rueda in the UK.
Due to the popularity of the teachers & the high demand for their participation in international events, the school took a temporary break in 2011 until it was regenerated in 2014 by Fadi K. Following the initial vision of making RDM a performance school, Fadi K revived RDM to form a performance group of dancers which currently perform in the UK and tour with him internationally.
The team is open to advanced dancers looking to improve their technique as well as performance skill. Rehearsals are run at Our Dance studios at Haverstock School London.
Join, train & perform
We’re always looking for nice genuine people with high dancing skills to get training with us specifically in salsa so you’ll have to be an advanced level salsa dancer and leave the rest to us.
Tuesdays 8:30pm – 9:30pm
Haverstock School, NW3 2BQ
- Advanced salsa (any style) dancers only
- Any other dance skills are an advantage however not necessary.
RDM is not a 12 weeks course. Once you are accepted into the team, you’re expected to attend every rehearsal (with few exceptions to be discussed in person).
Rehearsals are on Tuesdays At our studios in NW3 2BQ
You’re expected to attend rehearsals on time & commit to all rehearsals every Tuesday at 7:00pm. However if there is an emergency it will then need to be discussed with Fadi or Cristina privately.
You’re expected to attend performances throughout your time with RDM however, you’re not expected to attend and be available for every performance. We’re looking for people to stay with the team for the long haul, so we provide you with the best training to put you up on stage ready to take it on.
Our latest choreographies have been performed around 50 times in festivals and clubs as well as in international festivals You’ll be given the dates in advance so you can decide if you can commit to the RDM performance dates or not. Please bear in mind that once you agree to a performance date, that’s it! We’re committed to the event & we can’t go back on it.
ATTENDING DOESN’T MEAN YOU’RE JOINING.
This rehearsal session is for you to meet the team and if you like them and they like you and how able you are to cope and join a team of hard-working dancers.
What to expect…
- Warm UP with the team & join the rehearsals on the side as one of the F K Dance team will be with you to guide you.
- We will judge your audition how much you learn of the current choreography & your ability to remember the routines
- To a song of your choice, you’ll dance with some members of the team & accept their assessment of your leading or following.
- ONE SOLO 30 – 60 second routine, we’d like to see whatever other skills or dance styles you have – whatever you think can benefit your audition & add to the group.
OPTIONS FOR FOR JOINING:
You’re crazy about performing so you join our performance team & you’re in team A from day one. You’re expected to commit & attend all rehearsals as well as learn choreographies and be ready to perform them.
- £200 joining fee then £85 a month ( fee covers you for the current month)
- £150 is payable with every new choreography (usually about every 11 – 12 months)
- The Monthly Fee is paid every 1st of the month by DIRECT DEBIT ONLY !!
You join RDM as a trainee and train with us. We put you on stage when we think you’re ready and as a replacement for the A team members if they’re not available.
Time is flexible but you will be charged a monthly fee for team B.
- £150 join in fee then £100 a month that covers training & studio costs.
- Once you’re a member of the Team you’ll then have full access to any of the classes at the academy however (you must attend at least one class a week to keep the free option going)
- Massive discounts to festivals throughout the world Especially if you’re performing with RDM.
- Paid work is also possible, but not guaranteed.
- Performances ar not paid (unless epaid work is offered to the group)
- Most performances will appear in the UK, however, you’re required to perform at a minimum of 2 international festivals a year with the Team. A request to perform on more international festivals is also possible.
- The festivals we perform at are generally at a very low cost & some of them we require them to pay for our travels or accommodation to keep the Cost for RDM at minimum. However RDM might be required to pay for their own passes, accomodation & flights depending on their budget.
Join the movement
(Literally!) and master a variety of new dance styles